Serving You - Relief
Volunteer at our ministry center weekly or monthly in the following areas:
- Hospitality - welcome desk
- Intake - computer data entry
- Interview - assessing client's needs
- Chaplain - caring for clients spiritually
- Food Pantry - host clients as they shop
- Serve Sundays - food bank open for families or small groups to serve together
- Prayer Warrior - commit to praying for our ministry & receive updates on specific prayer requests
- Sunday 2:30pm-4:30pm
- Tuesday 9:00am-12:00pm & 2:45pm-5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am-12:00pm & 2:45pm-5:00pm
- Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm
Serving Elderly - Relief / Relationship
- Serve the elderly, widowed, & homebound through a variety of ways
- Cooking meals
- Bible study
- Home improvement
Serving Others - Development
- Mentor/disciple a WorkFaith graduate.
- Provide lunch for a WorkFaith class.
- Be a WorkFaith business partner.
- Mentor/disciple a Hope Inspired student.
- Provide childcare, worship, or sermons at The Lovelady Center quarterly.
Serving Kids - Relationship
- Be a Love Oliver mentor - weekly breakfast or lunch buddy at Oliver Elementary
- Serve dinner for Love Oliver PTAs - quarterly serving opportunities
- Serve with Oak Tree Ministries at Bible Club - Sundays 2:30-5:30pm
- Be a reading buddy with Oak Tree Ministries reading club - Tuesdays and/or Thursdays 2:30-5:30pm
SportsReach - Reconciliation
- SportsReach Alabama - Prison Softball Ministry
- Commit to playing softball in 1 prison per month on Saturday mornings from April to November.
- Orlando Mission Trip
- We conclude the season with a mission trip to Orlando to play in 3 different correctional facilities.
- Cost: $250 and participation in our fried turkey fundraiser during Thanksgiving.
Designs for Hope
- Mission trips to provide resources in developing countries and equip local disciple makers
- Children's sports camp trip working with missionaries