We are now open in our new location serving the Greater Birmingham area!
6523 1st Avenue North Birmingham, Alabama 35206
You can make an appointment by calling 205-777-3653.
Before making an appointment please completely read this page to make sure you qualify to be seen.
Having an appointment does not guarantee that we will be able to assist you financially.
To be considered for financial assistance you must meet the following criteria:
1. Reside in the Greater Birmingham area.
2. Bring all of the following documents to your appointment. If you do not have all the documents listed we will not be able to assist you.*
- Valid Driver's License or State Issued ID
- Proof of income (pay stub, SSI, note on company letterhead from employer) or proof of job loss
- Food Stamp Notice of Action Award Letter (if applicable - see sample below)
- Section 8 or Public Housing documentation (if applicable)
- Proof of address (Deed, Lease, Rental documentation)
- Current utility bill you are requesting assistance for
3. The following information is considered when trying to make the decision for financial assistance. Having an appointment does not guarantee financial assistance.
The goal of our ministry is to financially help someone that is not receiving assistance from other agencies or utility assistance from the government. Having an appointment does not guarantee financial assistance.
- Financial assistance and/or food assistance is only allowed two times per year (once every 6 months).
- We will consider utility assistance from the following companies: Alabama Power, Alagasco, Trussville Utilities, and Birmingham Water Works.
- Utilities must be on and all deposits, reconnect fees, establishment fees, and previous location service must be paid in full before consideration.
- No assistance is considered for sewer or appliances.
- We do not pay late fees.
- The person whose name is on the bill needs to be the one asking for assistance, not a third party.
- Our goal is to try to keep your utility on and if we cannot do that then we will not be able to assist at this time with a partial payment.
*To be eligible for food assistance you only need to have a Valid Driver's License or State Issued ID.
Serving You Ministries does not discriminate against race, religion, or economical status. Our mission is to assist our neighbor during difficult circumstances.